Invitación WebInars: Control de Pulverización de Combustible – Estructura del Conducto de Explosión * Set 29, 2010
Controlling Combustible Dust: Structural Explosion Requirements Webinar
|Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Time: 10am -11:30am CentralSchedule this webinar with your team – no travel required!
No Charge to attend this webinar.Explosion venting is a means to protect vessels or structures and prevent a catastrophic event by understanding the value of a combustible dust explosion prevention plan. This FREE webinar will explore fundamental application of NFPA 850 and update the status of relevant NFPA standards associated with combustible dust for those who handle coal and how to protect against excessive internal, explosion-incurred pressures and explosion venting methods for structures.
Who should attend:
Those who work in or support coal-fired electric power generation and/or coal handling operations. Examples include:
Operations & Maintenance Personnel
Combustion Research Engineers
Safety and Combustion Consultants
Explosion Protection Suppliers
Fire Protection Personnel
Dust Collector Suppliers
Insurance and Risk Management Service Firms
Hear from these experts:
Manager – Loss Prevention
Chief Structural Engineer
|Randy Rahm (Chairman)
|Bob Taylor (Moderator)
American Electric Power
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamental application of NFPA 850 and related standards or recommended practices,
- Describe elements needed for a combustible dust explosion,
- Develop or cause for development an explosion prevention plan,
- Understand basis for and methods of explosion venting in structures,
- Understand how to protect against excessive internal, explosion-incurred pressures by means of pressure relief, and
- Provide training to others to ensure their safety and PPE in potential combustible dust environments.
For content questions regarding this Webinar, contact Kim Arellano.